When it comes to podcast recording, it’s not as easy as recording audio and sending it to iTunes. Currently, there are as many as 850,000 podcasts in the globe, so you need a good strategy.
You must first host your audio files. Consequently, how can you choose the finest podcast hosting service?
This article discusses the top solutions based on pricing, dependability, technical support, monthly upload volume, compliance, storage, monetization, simplicity of use, marketing capabilities, app integrations, and more.
What is the Best Podcast Hosting?
Here are the best podcast hosting platforms.
Image Source: Buzzsprout
Buzzsprout enables you to embed a podcast player directly on your website, and you may showcase a single episode or a whole playlist.
They provide an intuitive analytics dashboard with an algorithm that predicts the number of listeners for each episode during the first 90 days. You may also check the countries from where your listeners are listening in to better comprehend your audience.
These analytics capabilities are superior to the majority of the other tools on this list. Audio quality is likewise excellent, with the option to upgrade to 128k stereo optimization for improved sound quality. In addition, they provide podcast transcription services as an additional add-on.
They also make it quite simple to upload and schedule your podcast. You just upload your audio file, modify the episode’s title and description, then publish your podcast to every major directory:
- Include your podcast in the leading podcast directories so that more people may discover it.
- Advanced podcast statistics will follow your podcast’s performance to determine its success.
- Automatic episode optimization will ensure that your episodes are simple to listen to and sound fantastic.
- With dynamic material, your podcast will remain new and engaging.
- With transcriptions, your podcast becomes more accessible to all listeners.
- The charge is manageable for those just beginning their careers.
- Extremely user-friendly and intuitive.
- Outstanding assistance and excellent service.
- Your podcast’s performance is reflected by its statistics, which is useful for improvement.
- Free: upload 2 hours each month and episodes hosted for 90 days.
- $12/month: upload 3 hours each month, hosted indefinitely, unlimited storage.
- $18/month: features above, plus upload 6 hours each month.
- $24/month: features above, plus upload 12 hours each month.
Image Source: Redcircle
RedCircle is the platform for podcasters who want to build their podcast, gain a larger audience, and earn money in the process. RedCircle appeals to me since it provides a place for podcasters and publishers to connect and share their work. It is a fantastic approach to grow an audience with simple tools. It also offers a very user-friendly interface that enables you to launch your own podcast fast and simply.
You may also generate money from your podcast by leveraging the ad platform to sell subscriptions, accept contributions, and perform cross-promotions with other programs. The flexibility to fully personalize and manage your material is what makes this platform one of the finest for podcasters.
You may distribute your material whenever, whenever, and to anyone you want. There are no contracts or restrictions about your material. Conversely, Redcircle enables organizations and agencies who want to establish or expand their advertising campaigns to scale with simplicity and reach a broader audience while costing less.
By filling out a little form, you can begin hosting and distributing your material for free with Redcircle. The platform is very user-friendly and simple to use.
You may locate all the necessary features and settings without having to hunt for them. Then, you just drag and drop a cover picture of the specified dimensions, and your first podcast is online. The interface is built such that it is simple to navigate and use all of the functions without difficulty.
- Innovative podcast hosting growth techniques contribute to your success.
- One-stop platform for hosting, distributing, and monetizing your material Accept one-time and recurring payments to keep your show running.
- Develop subscription income to guarantee long-term prosperity.
- Cross-Promotion Marketplace that allows you to expand your audience by partnering with other programs.
- Modern and intuitive UI facilitates podcast production and dissemination.
- The procedure of switching from another supplier is straightforward.
- The software provides valuable information and data for measuring and expanding your podcast.
Following that, there are two paid plans:
- Plan for Growth: $9 per month
- Plan Plus: $30 monthly
- Enterprise Plan: Contact them for more details
These are both paid yearly and will save you up to $60 annually. If you would like monthly plans, these are also available. There is also a 7-day free trial for premium programs for podcast hosting.
Image Source: Spreaker
If monetizing your podcast is important to you, you should consider Spreaker. With the possibility to include advertisements into your podcast from the start, I believe this platform is an excellent option for individuals who want to be noticed by their audience while also generating money.
Spreaker is an all-inclusive platform for podcasters. Spreaker provides a method to make the podcasting experience lucrative for all podcasters, from novices just starting out to publishers creating massive amounts of material.
The podcasting platform unites listeners, podcast producers, and advertisers in a single location (through web and mobile applications) and makes it very simple for any kind of content provider to monetise their entire podcast portfolio.
- Content management system – enables podcasters of any “level” to distribute new episodes to the main listening sites automatically (Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcast, iHeartRadio, Alexa, Deezer, etc.)
- Manage and schedule several podcasts under a single account, and strategically configure your revenue (supported by dynamic ad insertion) at the episode and program level.
- Team management functions and the ability to add collaborators.
- The IAB certifies statistics.
- A comprehensive set of tools makes it simple to produce and distribute podcasts.
- You do not need to utilize various programs to get your podcast available due to this platform’s simplicity and comprehensiveness.
- Customer support is prompt and always willing to assist.
- Other programs are organized by genre and subject, making it simple to discover new material.
- Free Speech (Free): 5 hours of audio storage, up to 10 episodes.
- On-Air Talent ($8/month): 100 hours of storage.
- Broadcaster ($20/month): 500 hours of storage.
- Anchorman ($50/month): 1,500 hours of storage.
- Anchorman ($120/month): Unlimited storage.
Their most popular package is the $20/month Broadcaster Plan. This subscription includes 500 hours of audio storage, sophisticated statistics, and monetization tools.
Image Source: Podbean
Podbean makes setting up and monetizing your podcast as easy as could be. I love that both newbies and professionals can use this platform to find the podcasting success they’re looking for. You can even use your phone to start sharing your message with the world in just a few clicks. I also like the fact they provide a podcasting website with every account, so your audience can easily find your content online.
- A simple podcast hosting service that makes it simple to publish your program online.
- With no downtime and quick downloads, your listeners can always get the most recent episode.
- It just takes a few clicks to upload audio and video podcasts, making it simple to get started.
- Integrations with leading podcast platforms make it simple to deliver broadcasts to a large audience.
- 5 hours of storage on the free plan.
- Unlimited storage on the $9/month plan.
- Dynamic ad insertion.
- Patreon program to accept recurring revenue from listeners.
- Auto-uploads to YouTube.
- Mobile app.
- Auto-posting to social media like Facebook and Twitter.
- Basic (Free and Open-Source): 5 hours of storage and 100 GB monthly.
- Unlimited Audio ($9/month): Unlimited storage and bandwidth, pro themes, advanced design, and ad marketplace.
- Unlimited Plus ($29/month): Features above, plus Patreon program and dynamic ad insertion.
- Business ($99/month): Features above, plus multiple domains, private podcasts, advanced statistics, and live chat support.
Image Source: Rss.com
RSS.com is the way to go if you’re serious about building your podcast audience. This service provides limitless storage and bandwidth, making it ideal for popular podcasts. RSS.com provides a variety of options, such as episode scheduling and social media integration, that make it simple to manage your podcast hosting and interact with your audience.
The majority of RSS.com users can be up and operating in less than five minutes. In fact, the majority of RSS.com users can be up and running in less than five minutes. In addition to a simple setup, podcasts may use RSS.com’s numerous relationships to increase their audience and locate the most suitable sponsor for their requirements.
With limitless downloads and the ability to record episodes, RSS.com makes it simple for users to scale the development of their podcast, even from a few episodes to hundreds or thousands of regular listeners. Detailed statistics and analytics enable you to fine-tune and optimize the performance of your podcast. Such data is the key to pushing your podcasting to the next level, as it enables you to modify and concentrate on audience-relevant material.
- Distribution to the main podcast directories, including Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Google Podcasts, is performed automatically and manually.
- Include sponsorship possibilities through Podcorn and a donation button on your free public podcast website as monetization choices.
- When utilizing RSS.com, there are various methods to monetise your podcast, including the option to incorporate a contribution button.
- A podcast website with a professional appearance can provide credibility to your information, while episode transcription may make it simpler for listeners to follow along.
- If you are currently utilizing another platform provider, it is simple to export your podcast to RSS.com and begin using their service immediately.
- Create embed players that are compatible with every platform, enabling you to present your podcast in creative ways.
- With a remarkable NPS (net promoter score) of 63 and an average star rating of 4.9, podcasters are very satisfied with RSS.com’s service.
- With only a few of clicks, material may be sent to several social networking networks.
- Your audience outreach is conducted gracefully and does not feel like spam.
- Integrates with key podcast distributors to ensure that as many people as possible hear your program.
- Easy access to statistics that reveal the success of your podcast and the origin of your listeners.
- Educational: $4.99/Month
- RSS Podcaster $8.25/Month
If you have a.edu email address, the Educational plan will be automatically approved. You may convert to yearly paying for the RSS Podcast hosting subscription and get a 35 percent discount.
Lastly, if you belong to a non-profit organization, contact their sales staff to inquire about any applicable discounts.
What is Podcast Hosting?
Podcast hosting offers file storage and an RSS feed for podcasts. Hosting firms upload your audio files, communicate your show’s information to the hosting platform, and produce your feed. When a user subscribes to your podcast, the host delivers the audio files and other material directly to the platforms.
A podcast is a collection of audio recordings compressed into a single file. Obviously, they require a great deal of storage space and bandwidth. However, personal website servers lack the storage space required for such massive files. Websites that host podcasts provide storage space for your files so that your audience may simply download them.
In the end, the setup is straightforward. It consists of a website that allows file downloads,.mp3 files, and an RSS feed that describes your audio file. The top service providers go much beyond this.
Is starting a podcast worth it?
Starting a podcast is worthwhile if you possess all of the required and specialized podcasting talents. You must be an excellent public speaker, entertainer, self-promoter, and digital marketer, and be prepared to devote a significant amount of effort to promoting your podcast and increasing your following.
If you began a podcast for the sole purpose of making money online, there are simpler options available, such as learning how to build a blog. However, success is possible despite the odds being stacked against you.
The great majority of podcasts fail because their creators lack the digital marketing and relationship-building abilities necessary for their success.
Recommended articles: HR Outsorcing Companies